South Mountain Community Entrepreneurship Center promotes new business opportunities for the South Mountain area, and creates linkages to Chambers of Commerce and economic development groups. Use the “Business by Category” search box on the right to find dozens of local agencies, organizations and websites that can help your business to grow and prosper.
Phoenix, AZ – January 26, 2015 – South Mountain Community College (SMCC) Community Entrepreneurship Center (CEC) will conduct three Entrepreneurship Forums during the spring semester.
The first of three forums, New School/Non-traditional Entrepreneurs, is Wednesday, February 11, 12:30 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. in the South Mountain Community Library, Community Room. The panel of local entrepreneurs that will discuss the topic of non-traditional entrepreneurship incudes:
- Tremaine Jasper, blogger and owner of PhxSoul.com
- Roosevelt Brown, owner of Velt’s Mobile Detailing
- Chelsea Cavender, founder and chemist of SLATHERlotions
- Kyle Clayton, serial entrepreneur who founded Awesome Cookie Company
Additional forums are scheduled to take place March 4 and April 8, 2015. Topics will include Young Entrepreneurs Under 30 (March 4) and Franchises (April 8). More details about both forums will be available in coming weeks at www.southmountaincc.edu/cec. All Entrepreneur Forums are free and open to the public.
SMCC Spring 2015 Entrepreneurship Classes…Put Your Business Ideas Into Action!
Enroll Today…Call 602.243.8123
Classes are 1-2 weeks in length and conveniently located at SMCC Main Campus.
- EPS195: Business Start-Up and Planning
- SBS200: Small Business Operations
- SBS202: Small Business Bookkeeping And Tax Preparation
- SBS203: Financing And Cash Management For A Small Business
- SBS204: Small Business Marketing And Advertising
- SBS213: Hiring and Managing Employees
- SBS220: Internet Marketing For Small Business